Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
Course code M6292
This course is run as an instructor led course, with the option to join via Extended Classrooms.
Using the latest technologies it allows virtual delegates to join an instructor led classroom, and interact with both the other delegates and instructors as if they were there.
Please note – Students wishing to gain the MCSA Windows 7 or MCITP Windows 7 EDST certification will need to book M6293 after M6292.
This four-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
In this course students learn how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance and mobile computing.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
– Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client
– Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7
– Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies
– Focusing on the ‘how to’ associated with Windows 7 technologies
– Most of these professionals use some version of Windows client at their workplace and are looking at new and better ways to perform some of the current functions.
Those intending to take the 70-680: MCTS: Microsoft Windows 7 Configuring exam, or the 70-682: MCITP: Upgrading to Microsoft Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Technician exam, will also benefit from attendance at this course.
– Experience installing PC hardware and devices
– Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
– Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge
– The skills to map network file shares
– Experience working from a command prompt
– Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server
– Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorisation. An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
If you have previous experience working with Windows XP Client and technologies and have attended a similar course to this on a previous Windows version, then this course may not be suitable for you, so please contact us to discuss the suitability of this course for you.
Delegates will learn how to
– Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows
– Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer
– Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer
– Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer
– Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer
– Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers
– Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer
– Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer